Sunday, August 21, 2011

Re-introducing Renee (First Bloom)

Re-introducing Renee (946) 11/16/1957 (A. Richter) Double medium blue. Plain girl foliage. Standard. This may be the first time that she's been seen online as she's a very, very rare beauty indeed!

Renee by kenyapurrz4me
Renee, a photo by kenyapurrz4me on Flickr.

Renee (946) 11/16/1957 (A. Richter) Double medium blue. Plain girl foliage. Standard.




Renee by kenyapurrz4me
Renee, a photo by kenyapurrz4me on Flickr.

Renee (946) 11/16/1957 (A. Richter) Double medium blue. Plain girl foliage. Standard.



I received this crown on April 25, 2011 as my first try at starting a crown (from a class that our club did). I removed 2 leaves from that crown to send to a woman who had been looking for Renee for years and then I left her pretty much alone.

The other night when I was brushing my teeth, I noticed that she had put a bloom stalk up and I nearly choked! lol She thought she was being pretty sneaky there! Today she opened up enough for me to take a photo and I snapped it as soon as I could!

There are 2 other blossoms on that bloom stalk that are developing but no other bloom stalks. There is, however, another baby coming up on the side. My understanding is that this girl is quick to do this as the mother plant had crowns ALL over it!

Really loving my oldie... she hurdled me into the world of vintage violets and I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment