Monday, November 28, 2011

Luck!

We had our violet club meeting this morning, as we always do on the 4th Monday of the month.  I love seeing the ladies and it's always a wonderful and fun time.

Today was especially fun as I won the monthly raffle, as I did last month.  This time the prize was... VIOLETS!  (It's not always plants. lol)  Ness' Crinkle Blue, Christening Gown, and Rob's Fiddle Faddle.  They're not adult plants yet but I'm excited about them.  Rob's Fiddle Faddle is blooming but the other two aren't quite old enough.  All this for 25 cents!

I also ended up with Yesterday's Valentine, a Jeff Smith hybrid.  If anyone can get me info on the parentage of that plant, I'd love to know.  Claire told me that one parent is a Species plant. :)

Our next meeting isn't until January as the club never meets in December and I'm really going to miss my violet ladies!  I'm glad that I have plenty of plants to keep me busy!

Thank you ladies for a wonderful time and to Claire for donating some beautiful violets for the raffle today. <3



Christening Gown (S. Sorano) Semidouble white frilled pansy. Dark green. Semiminiature

Ness' Crinkle Blue (8136) 01/19/1995 (D. Ness) Double dark blue star/thin white edge. Dark green, quilted, serrated/red back. Semiminiature

Rob's Fiddle Faddle (7431) 10/06/1990 (R. Robinson) Semidouble rose-pink. Dark green, pointed, hairy, serrated/red back. Semiminiature






Yesterday's Valentine (8910) 11/24/2000 (Jeff Smith) Double medium blue pansy. Dark green, heart-shaped, hairy/red back. Standard trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment