Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nortex's Starlet Haven and Lucky Me

Nortex's Starlet Haven (4810) 05/05/1982 (Nortex/B. Johnson) Double purple star/white frilled edge. Pointed, quilted. Standard (TX Hyb)
I think this is the first photo that I've gotten of the blossom fully open as I seem to be having some kind of culture trouble with the plant.  The blossoms either open with the inside withered or they fall over quickly.  I think this one needs more humidity?  Even though I've had troubles, every single blossom is definitely showing the "double" that the official description shows in FC2.  




Lucky Me (6298) 06/30/1986 (J. Domiano) Double orchid/darker mottling, variable purple edge. Light green, plain, glossy. Large (DAVS 942)

I've posted photos of this plant before but this is the first time it's bloomed so heavily in awhile.  The plant has had some conflicts with my youngest cat (she's knocked the plant off the shelf a couple of times) and so the leaves are in poor shape and it's very lopsided but I love the blossoms SO much!  Jeanette Domiano hybridized some gorgeous violets!







No comments:

Post a Comment